Friday, March 6, 2009

Kevin's Birthday Wallet Card





I am so excited about this wallet card I made for my brother Kevin's birthday!
Please visit Lorri's blog for the original tutorial. I changed a couple of things for this one. Since I wanted to put a picture on the left side rather than credit card slots, I cut the piece of card stock on the left at 4 1/4 x 3 1/4. The opening is 3 3/4 x 2 3/4. I put a piece of plastic over the photo just like in a real wallet. I also changed the measurements for the card stock pieces for the credit card slots. The upper one is cut at 4 1/4 x 2 and the lower one is cut at 4 1/4 x 1 3/4 (actually 1 score mark bigger than 1 3/4). I put a Target gift card in the upper slot and our birthday sentiment (which was made the size of a gift card) in the lower slot.
The paper used is double-sided mulberry paper from Michael's. I thought it looked quite a bit like leather. The holes for the 'stitching' were made with a paper piercer and I drew the 'stitching' with my SU Chocolate Chip marker. Kevin's initials were stamped with the JustRite Stamper Curlz font and embossed in gold. I slightly distressed the edges of the patch and wallet with a sanding block.
The wallet looks so 'real' in person. The pictures really do not do it justice. Can you tell how pleased I am about this?!?!? I can't wait for Kevin to open it next Friday.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have a moment, please leave a comment letting me know what you think of the wallet.
Until next time, happy crafting!
Lisa


7 comments:

Lorri said...

Awesome project, Lisa!!! WOW when I first opened it I thought it was a REAL wallet! I can't believe how much the mulberry paper looks like leather!! Thanks for the link to my blog, too! :)

Nancy said...

This looks great, looks real! The gold initials are perfect!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Super! This is such a great personalized gift card or money holder. Great job.

Carolina said...

Oh Lisa you should be so proud because this is adorable!!! You achieved the faux leather look perfectly. I'm sure it's something your brother will cherish for years to come! Hope you have a great weekend!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

How totally KEWL! What a great card for a fellow & the window for the photo is AWEsome!!! Love all the classy details. Kevin will surely think it's stunning too. :O)

Theresa said...

Lisa, this is so cool! I may have to do this for my nephew's birthday.

saffiertje said...

this soooo much!