Sunday, November 22, 2009

Poinsettia Basket



Happy Sunday Everyone!
I am so pleased about how this card turned out! IRL it is gorgeous (if I do say so myself!).
I used SU Brushed Gold card stock for the basket. The weaving was done with 5 pieces cut at 1/2 x 5 1/4 and 9 pieces cut at 1/2 x 2 3/4. The back of the basket was cut at 2 3/4 x 5 1/4. I used 1/4 Real Red ribbon along the top of the basket. The 'Merry Christmas' sentiment is from the Level 1 Hostess Set-Holiday Best. I stamped it in Real Red on Whisper White, used my oval punch, and layered it on Real Red punched with the Scalloped Oval punch. The poinsettia (from the retired SU Holiday Minis set) is stamped and embossed in Gold, and watercolored using Old Olive, Real Red, and So Saffron markers. After I trimmed it, I adhered it with a dimensional.
The flowers were made from Old Olive and Real Red card stock using the 5-Petal Flower punch. I brushed the edges of the flowers with Gold ink. They are attached with dimensionals to watercolor paper cut at 4 1/2 x 5 1/2. The sentiment is from the SU Heard from the Heart set. The poinsettia on the 'pull-out' was done the same as the one on the front of the basket.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Happy Crafting!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Diana said...

Oh wow, Lisa, this card is really beautiful. I just love it.

Sharon said...

wow this is so beautiful. What a nice card!

Karli said...

Lisa, this card is faaaaabulous! braggin' rights all the way :) I feel a CASE comin' on...
TFS!

Carolina said...

Just darlin' Lisa - love all that weaving! Hope you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving - HUGS!

Beth said...

Oh Lisa love this those poinsettia's are beautiful awesome card.