Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Tuesday & Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I am posting the gift I made for Wolfgang for Valentine's Day:


I used the back side of an artist's canvas and covered the bare wood with Distress Paint. One sheet of the Paris DSP was slid inside the frame. I distressed and hand-cut (around the pretty flowers and bird) the second sheet, then glued it to the frame. The black on this paper (from J's) is flocked. I wanted to create a postcard-like picture so I sized pictures from our trip and typed the text in Word.

Other supplies used: Basic Black & Pink Pirouette CS, Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Accents, Trinkets (the lock has the fleur de lis on it--thanks Diana!), OCL The Journey & SU Bliss stamps, Vanilla Rosettes (dyed pink), and pearls.

This week's OCL challenge theme is vintage love, so I'll be linking this project to the OCL challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

Karli said...

Oooooh be still my heart! Lisa, this is exquisite. Beautiful details & all he fussy cutting is worth the effort. It's so beautifully designed & put together. Hugs~

Diana said...

Oooh, what a wonderful gift. I bet Wolfgang loved it. ( I would) Love the paper and all those little handcut details.

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Lisa! This is a masterpiece! It is definitely a work of the heart!

Beate said...

What a gorgeous altered frame. It's beautiful!

Regina said...

was für eine grandiose Idee mit dem Keilrahmen! Wunderschön in der Farbgebung! Ein schönes Valentinsgeschenk!


Liebe Grüße Regina