Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Survived Sandy and an Almost Finished Album!

Happy Tuesday!

I hope everyone in Sandy's path is safe.  We had an unbelievable day and night of non-stop wind, but the rain wasn't too bad.  Luckily, we didn't lose power, just had a lot of flickering.  There are lots of downed branches, trees, and power lines all over, and hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses are without power.  The storm surge caused a lot of destruction.  Sadly, there were fatalities in NY and other areas. 

Today I have an almost finished Halloween album.  I ran out of printer ink on Sunday so I couldn't finish printing the pictures from Friday night to add to the album.  I won't venture out today for ink, but definitely tomorrow.

The base of the album is wood (6x6).  It can be folded closed and is free-standing when opened.


Once I have ink, the headstone on the cover will have the restaurant name (Smalley's) and year of the pictures (2010). 



I will also include the years (the first two pages are from 2011 and the third and fourth pages from this year) on the unfinished side.  The third page will have two or three small photos from Friday night and the fourth page will have this years family photo.  I did get to print the family photo, but I didn't want to embellish the page until I have the small photos printed.

Supplies used:  Fancy Pants Halloween Paper, EKSuccess, MS, and SU Punches, Sizzix Sizzlet, Spellbinder Dies, CTMH (black)and SU (clear) Rhinestones, and SU Stamps.

I will be linking the album to Crafty Friends Challenge #9 and to Week 13 of The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.

Thanks for stopping by!



8 comments:

Terry said...

Cool album! I love that it stands up too. Great job. Thanks for adding your projects over the weeks to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. I appreciate it!

Hugs,

Terry

Colleen Dietrich said...

Lisa, I'm glad to hear you're alright! We did not lose power, either, but had flickering. My family was extremely fortunate. Not so for many, many others. :(

Your album is really neat! Must've been so fun to make.

naturecoastcrafter said...

So glad you all are okay. Terrible terrible storm! Still keep caution close by in the aftermath. Beautiful project.

naturecoastcrafter said...

So glad you all are okay. Terrible terrible storm! Still keep caution close by in the aftermath. Beautiful project.

Diana said...

Glad to hear you are alright.
That album looks great.

Curt in Carmel said...

I'm so glad that you were not affected by the hurricane! I was thinking about all my blogging buddies on the East coast. I'm glad that you are safe! Love this album and your page layouts. Happy Halloween! Best, Curt

Regina said...

hallo, Lisa
es freut mich, dass es bei deiner Familie alles in Ordnung ist. Es muss schlimm gewesen sein.
Nun kommst du aber gar nicht so schnell nach Florida.

Dein Album hast du wieder ganz toll gestaltet!

liebe Grüße
Regina

Beate said...

Beautiful album! Love it.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends challenge!
Hugs and smiles