Saturday, November 15, 2014

IBS Saturday Designer Spotlight -- Thanksgiving Place Cards

Happy Saturday!


Welcome my Inspired by Stamping friends. I am excited to be featuring my first Saturday Designer Spotlight! Today I am sharing a set of Thanksgiving place cards that I created with the partial die-cut technique along with the Happy Fall stamp set and Fancy Labels Dies 2.

So, let’s get started:

The card stock for the place cards was cut at 3 3/4 wide by 3 3/10 high.

I first put the medium-sized die from the Fancy Labels Dies 2 over the coordinating stamp from the Happy Fall stamp set and made two pencil marks on the die where the top of the pattern on the stamp ended.

You can see the pencil marks here:


Next, place the die in the center of the card stock and start your die cutting sandwich:



Place the top cutting plate up against the top of the pencil marks:



Once you have run this through your die cutting machine, you will have a partial die-cut of the Fancy Labels Dies 2.

Next you will need to score along the sides of the cuts:



Now you are ready to stamp (don’t fold on the scores until you have all your stamping completed).


I stamped each frame in a different Fall color (to coordinate with my Green, Orange, Red, and Yellow Fall dishes!). The Happy Thanksgiving sentiment was stamped in dark brown on each place card. I then stamped the small oak leaf in both brown and green. The large oak leaf was first inked in yellow and sponged with orange along the edges before stamping.

Here are all four place cards:


Now all I need to do is write the names!

I hope you enjoyed today’s Designer Spotlight featuring the partial die-cut technique. If you have any questions regarding this technique or today’s project, please leave a comment and I will answer your question(s) as quickly as possible.

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

Shani Thomas said...

Beautifully designed and brilliantly executed, Lisa, bravo.

Gisela said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial.

Lisa said...

These are so gorgeous!! I love the designs!! Awesome tutorial, too!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Interesting idea. Thank you.

Lisa D.

Marie-Louise said...

Brilliant Lisa. I have to try with with some of my dies. Your place cards are gorgeous. Hope you are well.

Regina said...

Lisa, die schönsten Herbstfarben hast du dafür ausgewählt! Danke für die wundervolle Anleitung!

wünsche euch einen schönen Sonntag und LG Regina

Beth said...

Love love your placards they are so pretty Lisa will make a great addition to your holiday table.