Wednesday, December 17, 2014

IBS Ombre Birthday Card

Happy Wednesday!

For my Inspired by Stamping post today, I have an emboss/resist ombre birthday card. I mixed some old and new for today’s card, Delicate Doilies II and Flower of the Month: Aster.


I started by stamping three of the doilies, from the Delicate Doilies II stamp set, in clear ink and embossing them with white powder. Next, I used four varying shades of pink ink and sponged from light to dark, creating an ombre effect.


The birthday sentiment is from the Flower of the Month: Aster stamp set. It was die-cut using the second smallest Fancy Label Dies 1 and matted with the next larger die. Some pretty pink seam binding, from the Spring Ribbon Collection, and pearls put the finishing touches to my birthday card.


I kept the inside simple by stamping/embossing two doilies and sponging them with the lightest of the pink inks.

Have you tried the emboss/resist technique? If not, give it a try. The results are so pretty.

Please visit the Inspired by Stamping Blog to see what Leah is sharing along with me today.

Note:  Delicate Doilies II is currently out-of-stock, but have no fear, it will be back in the Inspired by Stamping Shop after the first of the year!














8 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so pretty! Love the resist inking and ombré effect u created :)

S. Thomas said...

Beautiful, bright card, Lisa. Nice to see on a gray winter day.

Diana Auberle said...

What a beautiful card. All pink. Very nice.
Diana

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The doily stamps are so beautiful!! I love the inside, too!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Marie-Louise said...

This is such a pretty and feminine card Lisa.

rubberredneck said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I love it. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, this is LOVELY, Lisa! I still thoroughly enjoy my doily sets from IBS. This is a great idea to use them...I can see doing a whole rainbow set like this!

Merriest Christmas to you, Lisa! See you in 2015!

Beth said...

Beautiful my friend.