Monday, May 2, 2016

IBS Split Scene

Happy Monday! 


For my Inspired by Stamping post today, I am sharing a card using the new release Plumerias stamp set along with the Tropical Paradise stamp set.

Let’s take a look at my fun technique card:


I wanted to try a ‘split scene’ for awhile now and thought this image from Tropical Paradise would be perfect for it. This card gives me the feeling of looking through a paned window.

I started by stamping the island image and sea gulls with black hybrid ink on a 3 x 4 piece of mixed media paper. Distress Inks were used for water coloring. Once this was dry, I cut it lengthwise into 1 inch strips and matted them onto 1¼ x 4¼ strips of black card stock. They are a perfect fit for a 4¼ x 5½ card.

The big, bold Paradise, from the Plumerias stamp set, and some baker’s twine finish the front of the card.

Of course, a tropical scene needed to be on the inside as well:


After stamping the images and sentiment, I did a light water coloring around the edges. The images from Tropical Paradise and sentiments from Plumerias coordinate so well.

Plumerias and the entire April Release stamp sets and cut files are available for your shopping pleasure in the Inspired by Stamping On-line Shop!

Thanks for stopping by!











6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so fabulous, Lisa!! I love the tropical scene!! I'd love to be looking out my window and seeing that right now!! The colors are gorgeous!! Love the inside, too!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karli said...

Gorgeous view---inside and out! Can't wait for summer vacation now!
Hugs~

Diana Auberle said...

A really great card. absolutely love it. Hope you are going to make some more of these. :)
I already put it o my TO DO List. :)
Happy crafting to you
Diana

Regina said...

oh, was für eine traumhafte Szene am Strand! Ganz wundervoll hast du den Hintergrund gewischt - super! Damit habe ich so meine Schwierigkeiten!

Schicke dir ganz liebe Grüße
Regina

S. Thomas said...

That is one impressive card, Lisa. Love the split scene look!!!

rubberredneck said...

This is gorgeous and I want to go there! lol Beautiful card.