Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Name Album

I made this album for my friend Lucy's son, Christopher. I started by making templates of the letters using WordArt in Word 2007. The size of the letters are 5" x 3 1/2". Next I cut five pieces of cardboard -- 5" high by 12", 10", 8", 6", & 4". I put the template letters on the end of each piece of cardboard, traced them with pencil, and cut the shapes out. I then put each piece of cardboard on the patterened paper, traced it, and cut it. I glued the papers on and sanded the edges. I used my Crop-a-Dile to set the large eyelets 1/2" in from the edge. As you can see, I have started to embellish the album, but I still have to get the pictures together and finish it.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos today. I just couldn't get the lighting right and the colors didn't come out good. The C is a bright, light blue. The H is yellow with blue. The R is brown with small blue and beige polka dots. The I is yellow and blue striped. The S is beige with blue and brown polka dots. From the pictures I took, it is hard to distinguish the yellow and beige.

This was a fun and easy project to make. I have already made more letter templates so I can make additional name albums. I hope you give it a try too!


p.s. I will be going on vacation so I won't be posting again until the beginning of September.
See you next month!

No comments: