The Fall 2011 session of I4U! is in full swing. Today I am sharing my version of Project #2. As soon as I saw the sample project I knew I wanted to go with a Christmas theme.
Last year I made one of those birds (printed template at 50%) for my Fall banner and swore I would never do it again. Oh well, I guess I'll try not to swear in the future :) The template and tutorial can be found here (note: I used sticky tape both times rather than glue for assembling the bird).
Both sides of the birdhouse are the same. The piece of baker's twine around the rhinestone brad is the 'anchor' that holds the roof down (the opposite side of the roof is attached with sticky tape).
Supplies used: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, & Real Red CS, Merry Moments DSP (retired), Best is Yet, Dasher, & Vintage Labels stamp sets.
Thanks for stopping by.